*We use an Olympus DELTA Handheld XRF Analyzer PMI inspection gun
What is XRF Analyzer PMI inspection?
We scan Alloys & Metals with a handheld Analyzer to give highly specific material chemistry and accurately identify alloy grades and/or pure metals. We can chart your bundle for small or large jobs. The gun allows us to scan from simple sorting to multi grade separations. We can verify incoming material for in house inspection and/or end of product verifications.
Configured with a standard package of 25+ elements, the DELTA generates alloy chemistry and grade ID in seconds. From simple sorting to challenging grade separations, the DELTA provides highly specific material chemistry to rapidly and accurately identify pure metals and alloy grades including, but not limited to:
|Aluminum alloys||Precious metals|
|Chromium-Molybdenum steels||Stainless steels|
|Cobalt alloys||Tool steels|
|Copper alloys||Titanium alloys|
|Exotic alloys||Wrought Aluminum alloys|
|Magnesium alloys||Zinc alloys|
|Nickel alloys||Zirconium alloys|
When you need a reliable analysis and fast and accurate Positive Material Identification (PMI), turn to us. From turnings, shavings, rods, and wires to small parts and components, to more sizeable material or structures, the DELTA provides anywhere, anytime testing with faster and more accurate results than ever before.
Ultimate Aluminum Analysis
Easily and directly sorts and grades Aluminum and Aluminum containing materials. The DELTA Premium offers unmatched Al performance.
- Accurately measures Mg content in 5000 series alloys and separates Mg-containing alloys. Sorts 3003 and 3004; 1100 and 6063; 2014 and 2024
- Accurately determines the Al content in Ti alloys, including CP Ti cut with Al
- Accurately classifies Al and Si bronzes
High-Temperature Cast Stainless
- Measures Al in high-temp, Ni/Co superalloys
Small Component and Weld Analysis
DELTA Analyzers can be equipped with 3mm diameter spot collimation for hightly focused sample analysis. An integrated full VGA camera takes live video image of the sample tested and superimposes a spot location for precise test location. Capable of analyzing thin weld beads independent from substrate materials. Analyzes small fixture components, wires and solders.
- Spot size can be changed in real-time by switching between the collimated 3 mm diameter spot and the standard 10 mm diameter analysis spot.
- The sample image is saved in a simple generated report.
- The convenience of a benchtop spectrometer in a rugged handheld analyzer.